I bid you a very hearty welcome to invasion_fans, a livejournal community dedicated to "Invasion", a science fiction TV show that first aired on ABC on September 21st, 2005 but was finally cancelled on May 17th, 2006 (apparently due to unsatisfactory ratings). The show centered on several characters who, after their town Homestead was ravaged by Hurricane Eve, found themselves struggling to cope with the hurricane's aftermath. Sheriff Tom Underlay soon had his work cut out for him, as he and his deputy sheriff had to maintain order in the town. His wife, Dr. Mariel Underlay, who had been acting strangely since having been rescued from the water after the hurricane, also had to deal with many hurricane victims at the hospital. In turn, her ex-husband, Russell Varon, who was a ranger at the local Florida Everglades Park, found himself occupied with having to clean up the mess that the hurricane left in the park. He had a son (Jesse) and a daughter (Rose) from his marriage to Mariel, who regularly lived at each of their parents' houses. They also had a stepsister, Kira Underlay, the daughter of Tom and his late wife Grace. An addition to their patchwork family was to follow very soon, as Russell's new wife was pregnant. Larkin Groves, as she was called, was an investigative reporter for the local TV station. Her brother Dave, a bit of a slacker who was between jobs at the time, had no place of his own and lived with his sister and her husband. All of these people would soon find themselves in a complicated situation, as mysterious events occurred during the hurricane (there were reports of glowing lights falling down from the sky) and continued to occur after it was gone (some people would see the same lights in the water). Also, some people had started to act strangely for inexplicable reasons, which confused everyone they crossed paths with. This aroused the suspicion of Dave in particular, who set out to investigate these strange events, dragging his reluctant brother-in-law in it as well. Both men soon find out that Sheriff Underlay seemed to have some sort of connection with the strange things that had been going on: they yet had to determine whether he was actively involved in them, or just knew something but was deliberately staying mum about it. Eventually, as Dave and Russell uncovered more and more information during their investigation, they found that something dreadful was happening, something they hadn't even imagined in their wildest dreams. The villagers of Homestead turned out to be under threat, but the worst part of it was that it didn't apply to just them, but to all of mankind. Would they be able to do something about it and fight off the threat? While at least part of that question has been answered on the show, we'll probably never know the rest of it - but that's why we have fan fiction. :)
I (dying_dreams) founded this community so that fans of the show have a place where they can gather together, exchange thoughts on the show, post icons and fan fiction, etc. I hope that this will be a pleasant place for all and look forward to seeing this community grow and flourish. :)
In order for this to become and remain a pleasant and well-functioning community for everyone involved, a few basic rules are necessary. I ask that you please read them and act on them accordingly. Thank you for your time and efforts for doing so. :)
1) First of all, please be kind and respectful to fellow members. Remember, everyone is entitled to their own opinion(s) and tastes and you can have a civil discussion without bashing, flaming or using derogatory language.
2) When posting, please try to be legible and refrain from netspeak. An example of what is not tolerated: "plz d0 n0t tYp3 l1ke tHis. itz hard 2 r3ad & uNd3RsTaNd. thx."
3) Any entry you post must be clearly related to "Invasion." As long as you abide by that, you can post *anything* you like (as long as the content does not exceed the 'R'-rating): icons, screencaps, fanfiction, articles, etc.
4) To make it easier for your fellow community members to find entries, please try to use tags in your entries. For example, make sure your entry filled with icons is tagged "icons." The same goes for entries containing screencaps, fanfiction, articles, etc.
5) Please try to use an LJ-cut when posting anything graphic. For icons: only use an LJ-cut if you have more than 4 icons to offer. For pictures: you may post only one picture without an LJ-cut, providing it is of a size that does not mess up the community's entries page or a member's friends page. Needless to say, multiple pictures would have to go under an LJ-cut. This is for the people who have a slow Internet-connection; it can take forever to download a graphics-heavy page. If you do not know how to make an LJ-cut, then please click here.
6) No stealing icons! If you're going to take someone's icon, comment and tell them. If you take someone's icon and pass their work off as your own, you will be removed from the community.
7) You may promote other communities, as long as they are related to "Invasion", e.g. films that cast members have starred in.
8) Last but not least, have fun! I really hope you have a good time here. :)
Affiliates are always welcome! :D Please leave a comment here and I will most likely include your community or fanlisting as soon as possible. :)